Wednesday 7 July 2010

My First Post!


Hi!
I'm Tom and I'm here to give you exciting honest reviews on the latest and biggest games from the Xbox 360 and the PC. First off Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Sniper : Ghost Warrior came out on the 29Th of June and is solely available on the Xbox 360.



Sniper : Ghost Warrior has frustrating game play which I struggled to get to terms with. What I'm trying to say is that don't play this game like MW2. Listen to what your partner say to do, because if you don't you're just gonna get shot down by deadly accurate
terrorists wielding assault rifles. The campaign, or what I've played so far, has a more than linear storyline to what any sniper game has to work with. I mean its like this: Go there . Sneak around the back . Get to the high ground . Kill the leader . Run away before you get machine gunned to a pulp.
The graphics are very good, and the bullet cam is enjoyable to watch. I mean whats better than to snipe a guy and then be able to watch the bullet thump into his head without anyone noticing. The only problem is when you're in a fight with more than one terrorist. You start the ability that slows time, you line up a headshot, you shoot, and you're ready to shoot the next one when the camera slows down and you watch your shot. The ability runs out, and you get mowed down. This doesn't happen a lot but when it does you get so frustrated that you want to throw the game out the window.
Back to the graphics. Its picture perfect. The graphics are at least on par with MW2, or even better.I cant fault them. The jungle is very well done showing us the vastness of the area that isn't available for you to traverse. This should have been more free roam. They had the
power to make it more for the intelligent player. There was so much more that they could have
done with the grappling hook. They could have made more than one route to take in every mission.

My rating for the campaign is 7/10, just for the fact that the headshot cam and the graphics put it at least on par with the other war games available. The things that let this game down are the linear game storyline, even more annoying commands that you have to follow to the last syllable.

On to the multiplayer. The multiplayer is very good. But there isn't many snipers to choose from. Its got no way that I've found to play with my friends on the same team, I either end up getting me on my own with a bunch of strangers, with my friends shooting us down as soon as we spawn or we get half of us on one team and half on the other. This is frustrating because the main reason I bought this game was because we were going to play multiplayer, split into 2 sniper-spotter teams and go up and set up choke points along the map.
Another thing that makes me want to throw the disk (and my Xbox) out the window is the complete overpowering of some weapons and the others that cant even kill with one bullet. I can understand the under powering of the M4 Carbine on MW2 but I think that snipers are supposedly used for "One Shot One Kill". But the 4 classes available, the "Heavy Recon", the two different "Light Recon" and the "Recon" classes don't offer one shot one kill torso shots except
the "Heavy Recon", but if the other person is using the "Heavy Recon" class you
still need 2 shots.( Unless you get a good headshot)

Overall the multiplayer gets another 7/10 from me mostly because of the frustrating fact that its near impossible to try and get 3-4 people who are friends into the same team. So unless you have no friends to play with, the multiplayer's not for you.


The Game gets a menial 6/10 for the disappointing multiplayer and the even more vexing campaign. I don't recommend getting it straight away, but it might be good to buy it pre-owned when you've got nothing else to do.


Next Post: Alan Wake. Remember. Stay in the light. Trust no
one in the Dark.

No comments: